Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hard Stories

Sometimes the books that jump at me to write are hard to write. Something about them is either personal to me or to something I believe in. My new series, Wounded Warriors, is that type of series that burns in my soul. Its been on my mind for a long time, but this is the first book in the series to finally be finished.

Today I'll be writing those last two words that hits every writer in the heart. The End. The funny thing, is that it isn't the end really, but the beginning.

With this first book, a group of lives that are often ignored will come alive for us to hear their stories and learn about their hopes and dreams and how they were temporarily squashed. Temporarily because you can't keep a good man or woman down and because everyone deserves a happy ending. In these books, at least, they will have their HEA.

Sometimes being a writer means delving into the harder subjects and this is one of those that some great authors have addressed. Beth Williamson and Lorelei James are two that I think about here with their books that touched my heart. I hope that I can do half as well as they did with their stories.

Remember when you read one of these books that even though all my books will have a happy ending, not all lives get that HEA. It's one of the reasons I became a writer, to be able to always have a book I can disappear in for a few hours in order to live a HEA. Because as everyone knows, life can be hard and often is.

Marla Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment