Friday, October 22, 2010

Excerpt From Tight Laced

Here is my book from DCL Publications. I hope you like it. You can get it at http://www.thedarkcastlelords.com/TightLaced.htm

“Don’t stop, God don’t stop.”  The soft moan escaped before she could stop it.  “Please, Clay.”
“Dana, I’m tired.  I can’t keep this up much longer.”  Clay’s strained voice reached her ears, but she didn’t care.
“Damn, harder Clay.  I really need this.”  She could already feel the tension leaking away like iced water down a drain. 
She’d spent countless hours on the phone during the day trying to save an account someone else had screwed up.  The idiot thought he knew when to bluff, but only managed to talk himself out of the account and – a job.  She’d been left to pick up the pieces and try to pull a save out of her ass.
“It feels so good.”
“I do this all day long, Dana, I’m tired.”  Weariness colored his usually smooth tenor voice into grumpy hoarseness.  “You know, I should make you pay for my services like everyone else.”  He pounded a little too hard with emphasis.
“Ow… that hurt!”
“Hey, you said harder.  I’m just giving the lady what she asked for.”
“You’re a pervert.”  She turned her head in an attempt to glare at him. “You’re my best friend, Clay.  I wouldn’t ask just anyone.”  But she sighed, knowing he was right.  He’d been at it all day just the same as she had at work.  “How about I call and schedule when you’ve had a light day?  Would that work?”
“That would do for a start.”  Strain had the last statement come out in a growl.  “I’ll give you half price from now on too.”
“The hell you will.  You’ll do me for free and you know it.”  Laughter poured from her throat.
She felt the hard slap of his hand on her bare ass and sighed.  Stretching she turned over and smiled up at Clay.  He’d always be her best friend.  They’d gone through too much together.  Now he looked as weary as his voice had sounded.
“Thanks.  You always make me feel better when I’ve had a rough day.”  She reached up and squeezed his hand.  “I’ll cook while you get a shower and relax.”

No comments:

Post a Comment