Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Welcome New Author, Rebecca Joyce

 When it comes to creating anything on a whim, a mom is the first person any child runs to. When a husband needs a button sewn or a correct key-code for the remote, he will hunt down his wife.  But what happens when this mom/wife takes time away from her family?


                                                She… WRITES!


Nothing comes easy in life or so I have been told over and over again. If you want something, you have to get up off your butt and go get it!

As the wife of a Military soldier and the mother to three children, I have moved from one side of the country to the next. I classified myself as the typical ‘homemaker’ for eighteen years before trying to find my own niche in this world. I happened upon writing during one of my husband’s deployments to pass the time. I was always an avid reader; even from an early age, preferring fiction to anything else and boy did I read a lot during the first two months. Eventually, I got it into my head, that I needed a way to let out all the emotions, we military wives keep bottled up, for fear of upsetting our spouses and children.

So, when the kids were all sleeping and I said my last ‘I love you’ to my husband, I would sit at my computer and began peck away. At first, it was an outlet for anger, frustration, grief, hostility, you name it…I wrote about it! But as the months drew on and the longing for a physical intimacy grew, my writing took on a life of its own. Before I knew it, I was in a whole new world.

My first scribbles, were just simple erotic thoughts and wishes. As I continued to write, those wishes turned into handsome hunks and before I knew it, I had created a set of characters so real, I found myself dreaming of them…seeing them as they truly are. Writing became my haven, where when life and the military became too much for me, I could vent and let it all out.

It took me over two years to muster the courage to submit my first manuscript and I only did that because my husband said, “Becky, I never pegged you for a quitter.” Since then, I have been very busy.

 
When my first book, The Cattle Drive…The Armstrong Brothers of Cedar Creek was released on October 24th, 2012, my life took an amazing turn. I have several new projects in the works and a new release,


 Emma’s Treasures- The Men of Treasure Cove Series” coming out November 15th, 2012.

The second installment of the Armstrong Brothers is due out this December!!!

Though sometimes my real life interferes with my imaginative life, I try to balance each with whit, sarcasm and humor.

            “Screwing up takes practice…I think I’m well rehearsed!”

 

 Rebecca Joyce

Check out her Website
 Don't forget her Blog
Be sure and let Rebecca know what you think by emailing her  HERE
 

Don't forget about Facebook and Twitter  She would love to have you follow her there as well

 

No comments:

Post a Comment